Thursday, January 31, 2008

Moving Along and some New Stuff


So I have been pretty involved with the Google idea lately so I don't really have any new exploits to share with you currently, I just love tweaking the search and of course now I am getting into wget and curl so I will go off on that tangent for a while I am sure. If I do find any new and exciting discoveries I will be sure to post them. I am also moving toward an old but new way of thinking on exploitation. I am certainly no expert in this field, nor have I ever claimed to be, that being said it is not likely that I will discover the next new vulnerabilty or exploit as I just do not have that apptitude. I have also been enrolled in the FSISAC and there are new exploit and vulnerability reports literally every hour. What I do have is a very crafty and unique thought process which allows me to discover or see things that others may not and especially be prepared for the unexpected... And I am ALWAYS thinking, and I do mean ALWAYS. As an example, when I am driving over a bridge I mentally prepare for the possibility that the bridge will collapse and I assess the possible escape paths depending on who is in the car... I usualy crack all of the windows a touch (it is very difficult to break the glass under water) and run through a kind of disaster recovery plan like who will I have to assist in getting out of the vehicle (children, elderly), plan to remove my seat belt on the fall into the water, etc... anyway you get the point. I am sure I am not the only one who does that, but we are in the minority. I guess that infosec is kind of an extention of who I am from way back... I have a history which includes several forms of organized and unorganzied fighting and exploitation just seems to follow that same rational just in a different arena. What I learned from MMA or boxing or whatever is that I am not a master, but I do have my strengths and that is what I need to remember and focus on. Because someone else can do a flying spin kick and I cannot does not mean that I cannot defeat them with a simple brute strenght technique, mental strength or just luck. That being siad I think that I am going to pace myself and focus on MY strengths, not on my weaknesses and see how that plays out in this arena. Just be me which is what we all should do, be ourselves. On a related note I have a new web site that I am promoting so I will post it here. It may be of little interest to you other than a chuckle unless you reside in my neck of the woods. Check it out anyway.... http://fightklub.weebly.com/

No comments: